Roosevelt High School (South Dakota)
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification . Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources . Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (December 2015) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message )
|Roosevelt High School|
|6600 W. 41st Street|
Sioux Falls , South Dakota 57106
|Coordinates||43°30′59″N 96°48′29″W / 43.5165°N 96.808°W Coordinates : 43°30′59″N 96°48′29″W / 43.5165°N 96.808°W|
|School type||Public , Secondary|
|School district||Sioux Falls School District|
|Grades||9 – 12|
|Color(s)||Cardinal, Gold, White|
|Team name||Rough Riders|
Roosevelt High School is a public high school located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota , United States.
- 1 History
- 2 Notable alumni
- 3 Bus service
- 4 References
History[ edit ]
Theodore Roosevelt High School opened in September 1991 on a 40-acre (160,000 m2) campus in southwest Sioux Falls.
Roosevelt High School was selected as a pilot site for the South Dakota Modernization Project . Through the modernization project and continued efforts to improve student achievement, Roosevelt High School has embarked upon programs in Value-Added Instruction, Classroom Management That Works, 21st Century Skills, Curriculum Mapping and Differentiated Instruction.
Roosevelt High School has been consistently ranked in the top twenty percent of all high schools in the United States. 
Notable alumni[ edit ]
- Kellen Briggs , professional ice hockey goaltender
- January Jones , actress in the television series Mad Men 
- All members of The Spill Canvas , an alternative rock band
Bus service[ edit ]
The school is serviced by Sioux Area Metro Route 25, which is open to all fare-paying passengers Monday to Friday during the school year.
Roosevelt High School’s athletic logo.
References[ edit ]
- ^ “The Top of the Class” . Newsweek. Retrieved November 13, 2007.[ dead link ]
- ^ Bahr, Jeff (March 20, 2011). “Hecla revisited: Actress’ family recounts time in South Dakota” . The American News . Aberdeen, South Dakota. Retrieved October 14, 2015.
|This South Dakota school-related article is a stub . You can help Wikipedia by expanding it .|
- Public high schools in South Dakota
- Education in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Buildings and structures in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Schools in Minnehaha County, South Dakota
- South Dakota school stubs
- All articles with dead external links
- Articles with dead external links from August 2010
- Articles needing additional references from December 2015
- All articles needing additional references
- Use mdy dates from June 2013
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- All stub articles
- This page was last edited on 30 January 2018, at 03:50 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view